COVID-19 OFFICE PROTOCOLS
The health and safety of our patients and staff have always been a top priority at Murray & Murray Family Dentistry. We continue to practice the highest standards of infection control and are always striving to improve. In light of this pandemic, some of our office protocols have been modified in order to maintain social distancing and promote health and safety for everyone that steps into our office.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Appointments are scheduled to allow for social distancing between patients. This might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Our office will send you a COVID-19 screening form via email or text within 48 hours before your appointment.
- These screening questions include flu-like symptoms, recent exposure to someone with COVID-19, and any recent travel.
- You may be asked to reschedule your appointment if we feel it is necessary.
- Please scroll to the bottom of the form to sign the consent section.
- No visitors will be permitted inside the office at this time unless completely necessary. Please plan accordingly.
- Please brush your teeth before you arrive at our office, we have temporarily removed disposable toothbrushes from the restroom.
- Please bring a mask. According to the California guidelines, masks must be worn by all persons while inside the office.
- You will need to remove your mask before your procedure, and place it back on at the end of your appointment.
- Please remember to wear your mask to your appointment.
- Upon your arrival, please ring the doorbell and a staff member will come and greet you outside.
- We will take your temperature, ask if you have any changes to the COVID-19 screening questions, and offer you hand sanitizer before you enter the office.
- You may need to wait outside until we are ready to start your dental treatment.
- You may also wait in our waiting room if necessary, as long as you wear a mask and maintain 6 feet from others.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Please be patient with us. At this time we are doing more than ever to keep our patients and staff safe – including more time between appointments. This might mean that there will be a longer wait before we get you seated.
- You will be asked to use a pre-rinse at the beginning of your dental appointment.
Some dental procedures, including dental cleanings, have been temporarily modified to help reduce aerosol production.
- In order to allow for social distancing and minimize the number of people inside the office, please allow us to help you with your questions or concerns over the phone or by email.
We have installed a new credit card terminal that allows for “Apple Pay” and “Samsung Pay” to help minimize contact if you feel more comfortable.
BEHIND THE SCENES
- Our staff members have daily temperature checks and symptom monitoring. Any staff members with flu like symptoms will be sent home.
- Our staff members are provided and trained to use appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) based on the new CDC recommendations.
- Medical grade HEPA filters have been installed in the office. The air is completely turned over ever 15 minutes.
- We have temporarily removed all toys, magazines, and some chairs in the waiting room area to help minimize high contact areas and allow for social distancing.
- Waiting rooms and common areas are disinfected frequently.
- Sneeze guards have been installed around the front desk.
The modifications we have made are based on infection control recommendations by the American Dental Association, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, California Department of Public Health, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. We are following these agencies closely so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to the recommendations.
These changes may seem overwhelming and your next dental visit may look and feel a little different. Just know we have made these changes to protect our patients and staff. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to having you back to our office. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Dr. Randy Murray, Dr. Sarah Murray and Staff
Your Teeth Deserve Superior Care
Drs. Murray and Murray offers a number of dental treatments that can keep your mouth healthy and your smile beautiful. Contact us today!